- Much of my business comes from past clients, as well as referrals, but in spite of that I really work to make certain that things are clearly understood by the seller too.
- It is important that the seller understand their responsibilities in this process too. To assist with this, I make it clear that I need to know if there have been any issues with the property during their ownership, and if so, what has been done to remedy said issues.
- Sellers also need to understand that privacy of information is top of the list and that information is only used for the purpose for which it has been collected in the first place.
- Providing them with "staging" advice is key: I make a trip back to do just that with them before the property hits the market. Having the home clean and tidy is of extreme importance, but staging is the work that sets on display the whole ambiance for a potential buyer.
- I will preview homes in the area that are comparable and report back to the seller so they know what the competition is all about
The marketing package is set out for them:
- Coloured info sheets
Photos for the web sites:
- my personal one (www.trudyj.com)
- Free Press (www.freepress.com)
- The public web site (www.realtor.ca)
- The real estate channel (MTS #41)
- TV advertising as mentioned above: a TV presentation of selected photos of the property along with a verbal description by a professional who is paid to provide his touches.
Advertising on the back of a local paper (The Metro One):
- Full colour,
- Once a month
- Making the seller aware that I rely heavily on the expertise of others in the business who are a part of a net work I have worked hard to maintain.
- Competing offers can happen! I explain my approach in detail to set the seller's mind at ease as much as possible. It is alot easier than it sounds!
- I have been succeeding at this business in Winnipeg since 1976! The experience factor comes to the forefront and tends to ease the stresses for them. I feel it is important to let people know (either subtlely or otherwise) that I DO know my business well!